Gel Nails vs. Acrylic Nails
The Difference between Gel Nails and Acrylic Nails
It is a part of every woman to care for themselves and to be properly groomed. When a woman dresses appropriately and neat, it reflects on her automatically. This makes them feel presentable and boosts their confidence. One of these is the care of the nails. Based on scientific facts, your nails reflect on what you eat. Let’s take for example a person who lives on burgers and fries. The nails of the person who’s with this kind of diet would surely have weak and unhealthy nails. Ridges, unusual colors and shapes could be present. Women usually have their nails done by means of manicure. But there are also other means of care and beautification, two of which are the Gel Nails and Acrylic Nails.
Gel nails are artificial nails having an exceptionally realistic look. They are thin, flexible and non-yellowing which gives a natural look and durable equally like acrylic nails. Gel nails cover the damaged or cracked nails. The gel is essential but not some fake nail worn by the client, it is just an enhancement. This enhancement however, must not be removed when you start to use it. One factor you must remember is that your cuticles must be moisturized at all times even if you are not wearing your artificial nails. The supply of moisture to your nails and hands after removal of gel nails is really important.
Acrylic nails are also artificial nails which are pasted onto natural nails. They are ideal for special occasions. However, many young girls wear them on a regular basis. Women go to nail technicians to get their nails imprinted with beautiful designs or even get them embedded with tiny precious gems that are only accentuated on acrylic nails. A typical nail care service takes approximately an hour and maintaining it takes just a couple of minutes. The process is not that expensive and acrylic nails are also cost effective.
Both gel nails and acrylic nails bear same results as far as looks are concerned, though there are some slight differences which set them apart.
- Gel nails are the most expensive on other types of fake nails but these nails are flexible and do not break much easily when they become lengthy. Acrylic nails are affordable.
- An advantage of gel nails is that they are odorless whereas acrylic nails are.
- Another is that gel nails gives you a more natural look and causes less damage to your natural fingernails.
- Gel nails gives the client a natural feeling for these nails are light-weight making it ideal.
- Women who consider piercing should have acrylic nails because they are hard and strong and will not chip off while piercing.
- Acrylic nails should be avoided for a long period for your natural nails should be allowed to breathe freely to prevent moisture.
- You should choose a reputable salon that will apply the acrylic nails on you because there should be no gap between them and the natural nails or else, discoloration will take place as well as coarsening which will make them rough and harsh in texture.