Kerala vs. Tamilnadu
Difference between Kerala and Tamilnadu
Kerala and Tamilnadu are Indian states that are located in the southern part of the country. Although almost similar in location, they are different in many different ways.
What is Kerala?
Kerala is an Indian state that is located in the southwestern part of the country. It has a total area of 15,005 square miles and has been trading since 3000 BC. It has a wet and maritime tropical climate, as it rains for about 130 days in a year. Kerala is a very popular destination for tourists, as it is known for its fertile lands, backwaters, various forms of art, and picturesque surroundings. Its economy is mainly triggered by tourism and it has a high human development index, having a literacy rate of 94.59%. Its predominant language is Malayalam.
What is Tamilnadu?
Tamilnadu is an Indian state that is located in the southernmost part of the country. It is 50,216 square miles in area and has been around since 500 BC. It has a dry and sub-humid climate and receives rainfall of about 37.2 inches in a year. Tamilnadu houses many temples of Dravidian style and has the highest number of business enterprises in India, owning 10.56% of the total business enterprises in the country. Its economy is triggered by fireworks and match industries, and textile and automobile industries. IT industries are also becoming a big part in its economic growth. Its predominant language is Tamil, which one of the oldest languages in the world.
- Kerala has a total area of 15,005 square miles while Tamilnadu has 50,216
- Kerala has been around since 3000 BC while Tamilnadu, 500 BC
- Kerala has a wet and maritime tropical climate while Tamilnadu has a dry and sub-humid one
- Kerala is known for its fertile lands, backwaters, various forms of art, and picturesque surroundings while Tamilnadu is known for its Dravidian-styled temples
- Kerala’s economy is boosted by tourism while Tamilnadu’s is boosted by fireworks and match industries, and textile and automobile industries
- Kerala’s predominant language is Malayalam while Tamilnadu’s is Tamil