Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. Apple iPad
Difference Between Samsung Galaxy Tab and Apple iPad
Galaxy Tab from Samsung and iPad from Apple are giving tough competition to each other in the tablet category. If you are thinking of buying anyone of them then take a look at differences between them and what is special about each of these models.
- First and most important difference beween 2 of them is that Galaxy tab has an integrated phone in it while iPad does not. Phone in Galaxy tab can be used with Bluetooth as well as speakerphone.
- With dimensions of 9.56 x 7.47 x 0.5 inches iPad is larger than Galaxy tab which measures 7.48 x 4.74 x 0.47 inches. Tab is not only smaller but lighter as well has TFT LCD display of 7 inches while iPad has 9.7 inches LED IPS screen.Screen resolution of both these devices is similar and are multitouch screens.
- Ipad is heavier and Wi-Fi model weighs 1.5 pounds while 3G model weighs 16 pounds. Galaxy Tab is much lighter and weighs only 0.84 pounds.
- Althogh they both have same speed processors but iPad has a RAM of 256 MB while Galaxy Tab has 512 MB.
- Ipad has 3 memory size options 16, 32 and 64 GB and in all these three cases it is not expandable while Galaxy has 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory option, which is expandable up to 32 GB.
- iPad does not have camera while Galaxy Tab has dual cameras. Rear camera is 3.2 MP while front one is 1.3 MP.
- Battery of iPad has a longer life of almost 10 hours on WI- FI model even if you play videos and almost 9 hours on 3G model. Tab has shorter battery life of 7 hours of video playback.
- Tab runs on Android 2.2 while iPad on iOS 3.2 and 4.1 and can be upgraded to 4.2. Android is a better platform as it supports Adobe Flash, multitasking and unrestricted access to external applications while iOS des don’t support Adobe Flash, multitasking and allows users to access applications only from Apple Apps store. These may improve with iOS4.2 but are currently not available.