Australian NBN vs. NBN Co Ltd. – The Difference Between

The difference between Australian NBN and NBN Co. Ltd. NBN is an acronym for National Broadband Network, which…

The difference between Australian NBN and NBN Co. Ltd.

NBN is an acronym for National Broadband Network, which is an initiative of the Australian government to bring wireless services to all the people of the country. This is a new network that is wholesale only and will have open access to a high speed broadband network.

In order to accomplish this task, the NBN has to lay fiber-optic cable for about 90% of the homes, schools and businesses in Australia. When it is complete, the population will have access to a network that can deliver speeds of 100 Mbps which is about 100 times faster than the current rate of speed. The remaining 10% of the homes, schools and businesses that will not have the fiber-optic connection will utilize the next generation of technology for high speed wireless and satellite service that will be capable of delivering speeds of at least 12Mbps.

Once the broadband network is complete, service providers will be able to offer subscribers a much faster service with more features. For example, schools, hospitals, homes, businesses and universities will be able to access high speed Internet, use VoIP telephones and utilize a variety of multimedia services. The current connection in Australia is an unlimited Internet usage package that costs about $50 per month.

NBN Co. Ltd. is the company that is in charge of building this network. It is a new company that was formed just for this purpose and was announced by the Australian government in April, 2009. NBN is the name of the project and NBN Co. Ltd. is the name of the company that is completing the project.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

in vs. at

Difference Between in  and at Although both ‘in’ and ‘at’ describe the location of a particular noun and…

Uggs vs. Bearpaw

Difference between Uggs and  Bearpaw There is always a place for boots in the fashion conscious world. Wearing…

CPI vs. Inflation

Understanding the difference between CPI and inflation CPI (consumer price index) and inflation are two commonly used and…


Difference between HDLC and PPP High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) was born from Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC) which…