Differences Between iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are the latest and greatest tablets that are dominating the market today. Although all great, each one has different features that appeal to different consumers.
What is iPad 2?
iPad 2 is a tablet that has a 9.7-inch screen with a resolution of 1024 x 768. It is 8.8 mm thick and has a weight of 607g. It uses a 1GHz dual-core AS processor and iOS 4.3 with 512MB RAM. It has an internal storage of 32GB and a 25Wh battery. It has a 1MP rear camera that can shoot 720p video but its pictures have a lower resolution than its competitors. It also has a VGA front camera and a 3G network.
What is Motorola Xoom?
Motorola Xoom is a tablet that uses a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 processor and Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) OS with 1GB RAM. It is 12.7mm thick and 730g heavy, which makes it the thickest and heaviest among the three. It has a 10.1-inch display with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution. It has an internal storage of 32GB and can support micro SD’s of up to 32GB as well. Its rear camera is 5 megapixels that can record 720p video with a 1080p playback. It also has a 2-megapixel front camera and extra HDMI and USB 2.0 ports. It uses a 6500mAh battery, supports Flash, and has a 3G network that can be upgraded to 4G.
What is Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?
Like the Xoom, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has a 10.1-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800. It also uses a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 and Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) OS. However, it is thinner and weighs less. In fact, it is the thinnest and slimmest among the three, having a thickness of 8.6mm and a weight of 599g. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has an internal memory of either 16GB or 32GB. It also has a 4G network and a 6860mAh battery. Its rear camera is 3 megapixels that can record 720p video with a 1080p playback. Its front camera is 2 megapixels.
- iPad 2 is an Apple tablet that has the smallest screen and lowest resolution among the three. It also has the lowest camera megapixel.
- Motorola Xoom has the best camera among the three, and can support up to 32GB of external memory through micro SD cards.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 can have either 16GB or 32GB internal storage and is the lightest and thinnest among the three.
- Both the Xoom and the Galaxy Tab 10.1 use the Tegra 2 processor and Android 3.0. They also have the same size and resolution of screen.
- All three tablets use a dual-core processor