iPhone 4 vs. Blackberry Torch 9800
Apple has been leading in the market since the launch of its highly innovative and revolutionary iPad, iPad 2, and Apple iPhone 4. However, several other manufacturers are running hot on the heels of Apple with other products that offer almost the same set of services which they declare to be of better quality than Apple’s products. An example of Apple’s Iphone 4 competitor is BlackBerry Torch 9800. These are the two of the most competitive smartphones in the market as of press time.
For the technology addled consumer who does not even know the difference between a RAM and a Hard drive, it would be very helpful if they had an idea of the differences between the two smartphones. Here is a breakdown of their characteristics and differences:
- The iPhone 4 is produced and manufactured by Apple; Blackberry Torch, on the other hand, was produced by Research in Motion or RIM.
- Blackberry Torch 9800 offers a capacitive touchscreen with an upgraded Operating System in the form of Blackberry OS 6. Apple’s iPhone has loads of applications and an improved OS in the form of iOS 4.2.1.
- Blackberry is designed with business and corporate people in mind, whereas the Apple iPhone targets the public in general.
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 is the newest model in the Blackberry devices series and is characterized by a sliding multi-touch screen display and a QWERTY keyboard.
- Apple’s iPhone4 boasts of a 3.5-inch capacitive widescreen, on the other hand, BlackBerry Torch 9800′s 3.2-inch, 360×480 pixels capacitive multi-touch display is equally crisp, bright and pleasant.
- Apple has more capacitive screens than Blackberry.
- Apple’s iPhone4 houses a 1 Ghz processor, Blackberry Torch 9800 has a 624 MHz processor, comparatively lower than that of Apple’s. However, torch has a better memory management enabling a better multi- tasking capacity.
- Both iPhone4 and Torch 9800 have 5-megapixel camera with an autofocus and LED flash.
- The iPhone4 sports a 5x digital zoom function, Blackberry only has 2x digital zoom and HD Video recording.
- Apple’s iPhones sports touchscreen keyboards, Blackberry Torch has a full QWERTY key board that is faster and more accurate.
- Blackberry has more applications needed by businessmen and corporate people; however, Apple offers a vast app store where users can download for free or at a low cost.