Difference between MBA and Executive MBA
MBA is a popular course today because it opens many opportunities in the business world. Students are doing this course to get jobs in different sectors because MBA makes you a qualified professional to handle different business activities. Executive MBA is another degree in the same domain and often people do not understand the difference between the two. Difference between two of these courses are given below which will make it easy for you to choose the more suitable option for you.
- E MBA or Executive MBA is mainly for the working professionals who cannot devote time for a full time MBA course. MBA is a full time course which focuses on core business practices.
- You need to provide certificate of employment and experience when you apply for E MBA and usually there is no entrance exam for this. There is an entrance test like GMAT to get admission in MBA.
- EMBA is usually done by the people with about 10 years of work experience and this is why most of them are in their late 30’s or 40’s. EMBA is an additional qualification that helps them in getting promotions and becoming more efficient. MBA is a pre-job qualification and after doing MBA you get a job. This is a course done by young graduates.
- EMBA focuses on management and organizational study while MBA is focused on business skills.
- Duration of EMBA is usually flexible while MBA has to be completed in the scheduled duration of 2 or 3 years.
- The FEE for EMBA is far lesser than MBA. MBA from a reputed business school may cost you around $10000 while you can do EMBA in about $6000.