Difference Between Nokia N97 and Nokia N97 Mini
Nokia N 97 and 97 mini are sister phones belonging to the family of Nokia touchscreen smartphones. N97 was launched in 2008 and is the second to be launched in the series of touchscreen smartphones. This phone got overwhelming response from the market and till date almost 2 million sets have been sold all over the world. It runs on Symbian OS and a sliding full QWERTY keypad. After the huge success of this phone Nokia has announced the launch of its smaller version Nokia N97 Mini.
The name of N97 Mini tells you that it is smaller version of N97. Its edges are round and it is small in size so that it can easily fit your pocket. It weighs just 22 grams and is much lighter than N97.
Let us take a look at some of the differences between these phones.
- Size of the screen of N97 was 3.5 inches while that of mini is 3.2 inches but both have same resolution of 360X640pixels and have 16M colors.
- The keyboard of N97 has been redesigned in mini and the D-pad has been replaced by 4 arrow keys on right hand side. You would find these keys better because of the space between them and if you send emails through your phone then this will be a helpful feature.
- The plastic cover at the back of N97 has been replaced by metallic cover in Mini and it looks more stylish. Even mini has the same 5MP camera with dual Led flash like N97
- Battery of N 97 was 1500mAH which is downsized to 1200mAH in Mini because of its small size.
- N 97 has internal memory of 32GB while Mini has just 8GB but it can be expanded by using microSD card.
- Mini costs you 100 Euro lesser than N 97 and is available at Euro 450.
- You can see ‘Finland’ printed on Mini while it is not there in N97.
N 97 had FM radio but it is not there in Mini.