Difference Between Saturated and Unsaturated Fats
The correct information related to the difference between saturated and unsaturated fats may help lower cholesterol! Saturated and unsaturated fats are two types of fat found in foods. Fat is a very important nutrient in food that helps maintain a healthy body. There was also a lot of bad press because of damage caused by saturated fat
Differences in the chemical structure
• Carbon double bonds are not present in saturated fats. It is completely saturated with hydrogen atoms. Carbon atoms can not accommodate more hydrogen atoms in the chain. Saturated fat molecules are solid at room temperature
Effect on the body
• LDL cholesterol is increased in blood due to saturated fats, causing diseases such as atherosclerosis.
• Unsaturated have an important role in our body. These fats help in the growth and development of the body, hormone balance and maintain healthy nerve cells.
• Saturated fats are usually all that is sinful delicious! All that is treated inevitably contain saturated fat. Harmful foods like red meat, chicken fat and dairy fat are also high.
• Unsaturated fats are derived from plant sources. Unsaturated fats found in olive oil, sunflower oil and other vegetable extracts. These fats are good for your body. These increases HDL (good cholesterol) in the body. HDL is very important for the body as it reduces the negative effects of LDL cholesterol.
Balanced diet includes parts of healthy unsaturated fat. You are always better off without some form of saturated fat in your diet. Many diseases can cause that is not good for your body.