Difference Between TV Series and Movies
The TV series and movies are a popular amusement for the people. The fact that this article is written is indicative of how television shows have become important. Very humble beginnings, the TV series, also known as the soap opera captured the imagination of people and actors and actresses who work in this series are now no less rich than the stars who work in films. No one can say that Oprah Winfrey, who is famous like the movie stars, or Jennifer Aniston of Friends fame, is less than movie stars. Yet there is still much difference between the TV series and movies that will be highlighted in this article.
Above all, the movies are creative concepts of directors whose main purpose is the fun and enjoyment at the same time trying to give the audience something new or show visuals and the acting talent of the stars in an original way. The intention is to film producers in one way or another is to bring to the audience to cinema halls. More people go and watch the film, the film is more considered to be successful and we say that the producer and the director of the film have done a good job. The film involves a lot of money and financiers are happy when many people will watch the movie in the halls.
The TV series however are designed to sell products. At the stand of things today, there is so much advertising before, between and after the series that people are often frustrated as they are not able to maintain the intensity because of these advertisements. But the producers of TV series are powerless as this advertisement is required to make a TV series as money for the TV series comes from the manufacturers whose ads are shown during the TV series. No doubt the series should be entertaining or other wise you will not endure so many ads and it is precisely the reason that the quality of TV series has improved a lot, so much so that in the video quality and size, they no less a movie.
The difference between the TV Series and Movies
1. Any time a person tries to enjoy a series of TV, he can immediately estimate that he is being used and things being marketed to him. The TV is always trying to sell things to the viewer that is not the case with movies where the person can rest, relax and enjoy the medium for the full length of the film. The TV series puts you in a trance where you are more receptive to subtle suggestions which are insinuated several times.
2. The TV series is based primarily on concepts that sell at a time when filmmakers like trying different things is a reflection of their creative talent.
3. Price wise, the TV series has become as expensive as movies these days as more money is pumped to create them.
4. The TV series runs in synch with the time and they can be very long compared to the movies. While the films have a playing time of 1.5 to three hours maximum, the TV series is unlimited in this direction as there are few shows that run during the year.
5. An important difference between the TV series and movies is the format in which they are drawn. While the films are made in 70 mm, the TV series is shot in 35 mm but the difference is not much of a difference with the audience as they enjoy the TV series as they appreciate the films.
6. From the perspective of the scope, the TV series scores over movies as the TV is a medium that has penetrated deeply and is present in even remote regions of the country.