Difference Between Whale And Shark
Whales are mammals while sharks are fishes.
While whales bear cubs, a shark gives egg. In contrast to the young sharks, young whale cubs are fed milk. Whales raise their young ones, but the shark does not.
Whales have legs while the Sharks have no bones, only cartilage. Whales are much bigger than the sharks. The blue whale is the largest of all mammals on earth. While a whale weighs more than 100 tons, shark weighs about 2000 kegs.
Sharks are always looking for food. Whales do not have this tendency of hunting. Krill and plankton are the food of whales. But the toothed whales eat squid and small fish. Sharks eat fish and marine animals. Unlike whales sharks may eat other sharks
Whales produce sounds to interact with each other and find food. Whales are imbibed with the art of shouting and singing. Sharks lack this type of communication.
Whales can be 35 meters high and shark’s ultimate jump is maximum a height of six feet.
Sharks are known to be active and it is possible that the whales take a nap, since fall in the category of mammals.
Whales are very friendly with people and especially the dolphins are good swimmers. Whales are taught to entertain people in the game pools and sea pools. Sharks are not human friendly and untaught in the art of pleasure.
Sharks act against their will because of instinct. Whales are known to have self-determination and so old and injured whales are known to commit suicide.
Whales move seasonally from one place to another. Sharks have no such migration policy. Whales are also threatened as sharks are not.
1. While a whale weighs more than 100 tons, a shark weighs about 2000 kg.
2. Whales bears cubs, sharks lay eggs.
3. Plankton and Krill are food for whales. But the toothed whales eat squid and small fish. Sharks eat fish and marine animals.
4. Whales produce sound as they interact with each other and find food. Sharks have no such communication.
5. Whales are vulnerable, but sharks are not.
6. Whales share good companion with people and dolphins take a special pleasure in swimming with the pool swimmers.
7. Sharks show a reaction against their will because of instinct. Whales are known to have self-determination and so old and injured whales are known to commit suicide.