Differenced between Front Loader and Top Loader Washing Machines
Having a washing machine is very essential. It minimizes the workload compared to hand washing your clothes and most of all, it saves valuable time. But before buying a washing machine, you would think about buying a Front Loader washing machine or a Top Loader washing machine. Although there might just be a few differences between the two, you might just think about it because they differ on the designs and the efficiency of the cleaning.
Front Loader Washing Machines
This type of washing machine is known for its elegant designs and for their energy saving characteristics. It is also said to be one of the appliance industry’s hottest new item. This washing machine was used before as commercial laundries, but because of the popularity, the features stated a while ago, and new modern look, people have bought front loader machines and used it at home.
Top Loader Washing Machines
On the other hand, a top loader machine consumes more energy compared to a front loader because a top loader requires a huge amount of water to cover all its clothes in its drum meaning it’s heavier and requires a lot more energy. Although with regards to appearance, it looks old school but some models are also as stylish as the front loaders.
Summary of the differences between front older and top loader washing machines:
- Front loaders consume less energy compared to top loaders because it only needs a third of that amount because the drum is set horizontally in the machine meaning gravity pulls the clothes to drop as it turns.
- As saving space is your concern, front loaders are the better choice. But if floor space is more of your concern then top loaders are suitable for you.
- You’ll save a lot of wear and tear from your laundry if you’re using a front loader washing machine because only gravity is at work while top loaders force the clothes to spin.
- Front Loaders have a significally huge advantage compared to top loaders but when we talk about the cost of these machines, Top Loaders are the more affordable ones.
- You can use any kind of detergent with top loaders but only a few kinds of detergent can be used with front loaders. It depends of course on the manufacturer. Most manufacturers of front loaders recommend using an HE low-sudsing detergent